The Passport Princess ~ has been nominated for the Liebster Award!
What is the Liebster Award?
Liebster Award is a way to recognize new bloggers in the blogosphere. Nominations are done by other bloggers who have read and enjoyed these new blogs.
With that said, thank you to flyhighdiary for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I didn’t even know there was such a thing, but I’m stoked someone out there has been reading my blogs! 🙂
I started following Fly High Diary because I’m interested in Flight Attending & Travel, so if you like the same thing. Head to her blog! I always enjoy reading about the places she’s flown to.
Listed below are the rules of this award:
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
___________Here are my answers to the questions posted for me:
- What is the reason behind your blog name or title?
I spent ages trying to think of a catchy wee title for my blog. I wanted to write a travel blog, but not a backpacker-wearing-muddy-shoes-and-dreadlocks type blog. (Not saying there’s anything wrong with that) But I’m very much a girly-girl. I wanted a blog that reflected that, so The Passport Princess seemed like a good match. Also, my name is Sarah and in Hebrew it means Princess so it was quite fitting. 😉
- Which travel post is your favorite, and why?
I don’t think I have any 1 particular post that’s my favorite. I think any of my Contiki Blogs are my favorite. Not so much about my writing style, but they always just bring back good memories of my time in the states.
- When taking pictures of your travels, You prefer Camera or phone camera?
I don’t have a really nice camera so I’m going to have to say Phone Camera! I currently have a Note 3 (Yes I know I need to upgrade). It’s always taken really good outdoor photos and the Beauty Filter is great when I’m taking a selfie and want a smooth complexion haha. When I was in New York, I met a girl from California who had one of those Samsung Galaxy Cameras and it was amazing! Her photo’s came out clear and crisp, her night photos were amazing, and the camera itself looked pretty stylish. That’s what I want when I next go travelling!
- What is one of your top travel memories?
Standing at The Top Of The Rock over-looking Central Park and all of New York City. It’s defiantly one of my highlights in probably my whole existence. To have dreamed of going to that city since I was little, and finally accomplishing it was a big thing for me. At that very moment, it hit me how I’d finally done something in life I was so desperate to achieve.
- Which are your top 3 destinations & why?
New York City
How can you not love this busy city? It has one of the most iconic skylines which has been shown in TV Shows and Movies around the world. They have the most talked about Broadway shows, their subway runs 24/7, you can eat pretty much anything at any time of day. The city never sleeps! I like the whole hustle and bustle on the city. I love the creative people you see on the Subway and the skyscrapers wherever you walk. It’s just one of those cities you have to visit at least once in your life.
I didn’t spend enough time in Amsterdam, but it was enough to make me want to go back. Can I just say that their food is amazing. The selection of yummy things you can buy on the street is incredible. Coming from such a laid back country myself, I felt very happy cycling through the streets of Amsterdam. The people are very tolerant, chilled out and so open-minded. Amsterdammers have a live-and-let live mentality and aren’t shocked by much. Which is why things like prostitution and soft drugs, are legal there.
Not so much Bangkok, but Phuket and Phi Phi Island was one of my first ever experiences travelling overseas. It’s what you do when you’re in your early 20’s but don’t have quite enough money to travel extremely far. It’s one of my favorite destinations because it was one of my first destinations so will always hold a place in my heart.
They have some of the friendliest people there who just want to laugh with you and make sure you have a good time. I remember being with my best-friend and us turning up at a random small restaurant on the side of the road one night. We weren’t quite sure where we were, but the family who owned it dropped the cards they were playing at the table and quickly made sure we had a good time. Even putting on some karaoke for us in case we wanted to sing. It’s one of the best places to shop as well. Pretty much all of my handbags I’ve bought from Thailand or Bali and I know they’re knock-offs but everyone seems to mistake them for the real deal 😉 It’s so cheap!!!! Give me a 5* resort for $50 a night any day!
- One thing you always carry with you, excluding electronics?
My credit card. Very boring I know, otherwise it’s always my phone.
- Which is your dream destination?
It’d always been New York, but now that I’ve been I feel I have to pick somewhere new.
I was watching TV the other day and Bora Bora looked really nice. I’d also love to travel through South America and visit Chicago and Boston.
- Any hobbies? Other than travelling.
God, travel is my absolute favorite!
I do however enjoy going to the gym. I guess you could say that’s a big hobby of mine. I love working out (Probably because I eat so much that I have to). Even while I’m travelling, I love going for big walks and getting to know an area.
I also love anything to do with beauty. I used to be a Beauty Therapist so I love Skin Care, Make-up, fake tanning etc… If stuff like that makes you feel good, why not enjoy it 🙂
- What is your goal or mission in life, if any.
To be genuinely happy with everything I’ve done in my life. I’m not one of those people that ‘have regrets’. I think everything you’ve ever done in life is exactly what you wanted in that moment. However one of my goals right now is to loose this travel weight I seem to have gained!
- You are having a breakfast at the Hotel… you prefer Coffee or Tea
Neither. I’d rather have a glass of Orange Juice. I love the smell of coffee but can’t stand the taste. I won’t even have Tiramisu because it has coffee in it. Yuck. I don’t think I ever want to start drinking it either because everyone goes on about how addictive it is!
- Why you started a Blog?
I used to have a ‘personal’ blog which I just used as an online diary. I decided to start up a Travel Blog because I was going on a Round the World trip and wanted to document my experiences for others to read. I also have the mind of a fish with Alzheimer so It’s good for me to read back on!
Thanks again FlyHighDiary for the nomination!
Here are my nominations for the Liebster Award (in no particular order):
- pereseameliax – Blogs about being an Au Pair in Australia
- worldandwilderness – Cabin Crew Blog
- kiwigirlgone – Kiwi girl travelling the world
- volarelearningtofly – Australia Cabin Crew Blog
- amerikaairlines – A girl called Amerika working as a Flight Attendant
To my nominees, please answer the following questions:
1. What’s the best food you’ve eaten on your travels?
2. How do you think you’ve changed in the job that you do?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. What’s the best piece of Travel/Overseas advice you’ve received?
5. What’s your biggest ‘first world problem’?
6. What destination have you been to that you’ve found over-rated?
7. What’s the longest single journey you’ve taken?
8. How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
9. Who is your dream travelling companion?
10. What made you start up your blog?
11. What’s your most favorite thing you’ve bought while travelling/living in another country?